Noy S. Kay
Department of Applied Health Science, School of Public Health-Bloomington
Office: Public Health 116
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
International/global health; health promotion; school health education; suicide; HIV/AIDS education; death education.
Prof. Kay has taught extensively at universities in Thailand. In addition, she played a key role in constructing the undergraduate and graduate curriculum in Sport Science and Health Promotion at Chulalongkorn University in Thailand. She has also conducted wide-ranging research on a variety of public health topics, including health promotion and global change; attitudes about suicide, quality of life and death and dying among Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese high school students; and teaching sex education in Thailand. Since 2006, in addition to her on-campus classes, she has accompanied a Travel Study class, traveling to various Asian countries, including Thailand for approximately two weeks each summer.
Select Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American School Health Education, 2014.
- Trustees Teaching Award, 2011, 2007, 2002.
- Global Citizenship Award from Indiana University 2007-08.
- School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Outstanding Teaching Award, 2003
- School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, 1998.