Mineral Deposit Systems, Geochemistry
Office: GY 217
E-mail address: email@example.com
Dr. Li’s research currently focuses on world-class magmatic Ni-Cu-PGE (platinum-group elements) deposits; the tectonic setting in which they occur, petrogenesis of associated mafic-ultramafic rocks, causes of sulfide saturation in mafic magma, concentration of immiscible sulfide liquids in magma plumbing systems, controls on the compositions of base metals and PGE in sulfide ores, and models that can be used to assist in exploration targeting. Dr. Li has conducted research projects in China, Michigan, Alaska, Canada, Vietnam, India, and South Africa.
Dr. Li has written about the Permian large igneous province extending from southern China to northern Vietnam.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Honorary Lecturer, Society of Economic Geologists, 2009-present,
- Guest Fellow, Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009-present
- Regional Vice President Lecturer, Society of Economic Geologists, 2011
- Fellow, Geological Society of America, 2009
- Guest Professor, China University of Geosciences-Beijing, 2006-2010
- Guest Professor, Chang’an University, Xi’an, China, 2005-2010
- Cuiying Chair (distinguished guest) Professor, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China, 2005-2009.